HW: Video Collection '79-'89

mary ann sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Wed Dec 22 12:58:30 EST 2010

I believe I too have talked to myself, and answered my own questions, too,
"it's so easy," to do sometimes.  Keith, I remember you from The Flyer, I
hope you have a real fine holiday season, sounds like some interesting
performances with the private parties.

Happy listening, and watching too,

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Keith Henderson
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:53 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: HW: Video Collection '79-'89

Answering my own question...

> Hmmm...
>
> > 28. -------------------- (private party '89) 29. Treadmill (private
> > party '89) 30. Levitation (private party '89) 31. Damnation Alley
> > (private party '89) 32. Needle Gun (private party '89) 33.
> > Brainstorm (private party '89) 34. Angels of Death (private party
> > '89)
>
> Now I see that "28" must be actually what people have called
> "Treadmill."  Well, it doesn't sound like any Treadmill (ie Palace
> Springs variety) that I have heard before (tho' it is definitely
> familiar from somewhere).  Is this really some portion of Treadmill
> during the process of its composition?  I'm skeptical.  Anyway, this
> bit leads right into Levitation I now see, so I guess there's no
> missing track in the setlist, but perhaps a mis-ID'd track.

I've had another listen, this time with the lyrics in front of me, and my
initial hunch was right...the track between The Golden Void and the
hybridized Levitation/You Know You're Only Dreaming is definitely The Song
of the Gremlin, Part Two (I had the title wrong only).  There's no hint of
Treadmill here, so don't know why that has been attached to this particular
performance in the Codex I saw online.

Have a nice day (and holiday/solstice)

Keith H.