Strange Hawkwind

Owen O'Neill owen.01 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 22 21:11:03 EST 2010

My problem with this is that the samples stop just short of where I
anticipate some really annoying vocals are going to ruin the song. I don't
want to hear the rest of that QS&C rendition with that guy singing like
that. I don't like it, but really wonder if they all get ruined that way
because the music's kind of good otherwise. If I knew that guy wasn't going
to ruin Urban Guerilla I'd definitely buy it for 79p as long as there's no
bullshit about registering with that site or anything.
(Really touchy about lyrics, myself, esp. something about the forced accents
and stuff that seem to be popular now-a-days nothing pisses me off more than
knowing i'd really like something if not for some irritating singer, and to
make matters worse I don't even know how to describe vocals in an
intelligent way, I have no technical vocabulary that's reliable. I wish I
could find some treatise on these singers who piss me off that could
articulate my frustration. ---Anyone ever heard of Electric 6? That's the
best example I have. A friend sold me onto their first album and I bought
it, because $7 and I specialize in high voltage, nuclear war. I mean, I
really do. I really liked the sounds coming from the instruments, And it's
good to find current pop music that I can sort of identify with, and I
listened to the CD abunch of times before it got stolen, but had to grit my
teeth and try hard to ignore the absolute suck of the vocalist(s), the first
guy sounding like he was eating cheeseburgers or something while singing,
then the second vocalist on DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE was a prancing falsetto ,
whatever thing I wish they could edit out in a remix. I heard (back up
singer) was the guy from The White Stripes, whom I hate. Then I went to see
them live without that idiot where ever he's from, and good riddance, I
could finally hear the song without that shrill
"you-have-to-be-constantly-aware-of-my-point-i'm-really trying to
getting-across-that-i'm-a-prissy-homosexual because it makes the song more
entertaining somehow" antic, and I believe the band looked like they were
just plowing through cocaine backstage and in between performances.)

--