Blood of the Earth and more

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Mon Jul 19 02:56:11 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have heard the vinyl version and am writing my review of the record now but I still don't have the double CD version ordered from Amazon. Anyway, overall, I think it is a pretty good record but I still think they need fewer of these ambient synth tracks and more rock tracks. The opener has this killer opening and a great build up and then you go straight into this laid back spacey meltdown, which is beautiful and nice but I needed to have  rock track.. I think the they have some solid tracks but they only wrote like 4 rock tracks in 5 years... I guess there is more uptempo, Dibs-spacehead style stuff about though but they did not want to use to many of his tracks. A cool record but because of too many of these mellow space out tracks, I won't play it that much.

I got the Triad Hawkwind tribute on Neurot Records and that is really great. Especially the US Christmas versions which are really powerful and true to the originals and I really like Nate from US Christmas's voice. I agree, that the Minsk guy's singing really destroys Assault and battery but the rest is great and even though these guys have a bit of a gravelly voice, they sing the songs in a pretty cool way and you can understand the words, they are growling death metal vocals at all. Great tribute..

later

scott

www.oresundspacecollective.com  (our latest CD, Slip into the Vortex was 26 in the Swedish top 60 for one week in July.. cool...)