Fw: [whatsrattlin] Your help requested with my Peel Listeners' Survey

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 22 10:55:21 EDT 2010

----- Forwarded Message ---
Any Peel listeners want to participate?

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Ken Garner <ken_garner at yahoo.com>
To: whatsrattlin at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, July 22, 2010 8:31:31 AM
Subject: [whatsrattlin] Your help requested with my Peel Listeners' Survey

Dear Caravan, Soft Machine etc followers

It has occurred to me that some of you may well by extension have been listeners
to John Peel, who championed these bands extensively in the first ten years of
his radio show on the BBC. If you were, then I'd appreciate your help completing
a small survey for a paper I am doing on the listening/taping practices of Peel
listeners then and now. Whether you taped then or not, download archive off-air
tapes nowadays or not, if Peel was important to you at any time, I'd really like
you to do the survey. It takes 10 minutes. All you have to do is tick boxes.
It's completely anonymous. I am not even tracking IP addresses. And please pass
it on to any other once-Peel fans you know. Here's the link:

<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HTP28ZD>

thanks,
Ken Garner
Author, THE PEEL SESSIONS (BBC Books, 2007)
Senior lecturer in journalism, Glasgow Caledonian University
You can find me on facebook
<ken_garner at yahoo.com>

PS: Hatfields were my favourites, but I still have a soft spot for In the Land
of Grey and Pink and Soft Machine 2 and 3

[Thanks for writing, Ken, and belated congrats for your extremely useful and
referential book on the BBC sessions, to which the Calyx chronologies and
discographies are much indebted - A.]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: