HW: Hawkfest tickets

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 3 10:21:49 EDT 2010

Hi there...

Just taking a short break from hiking the AT to check up on things here at "home" in State College.  I discover that the Hawkfest ticket I ordered in late April has still not arrived.  Has anyone else not gotten theirs, or does anyone know if there's been some problem getting them printed up, sent out, whatever?  I would very much like it to arrive before mid-June, as there won't be anyone living here for some time between then and mid-July, and I will already be in Europe then anyway.

I've looked at my travel plans and scanned through the online HW forum for hints.  I've only booked a flight to Gatwick on the Wednesday two days before HF.  Doesn't seem to be a great deal on train in advance.  19 quid to Pompey no matter how far in advance you book.  ?  Then 8-10 quid for a foot passenger to Ryde.  Will probably camp just south of Ryde for two days (9 quid/day), to check out the east end of the island on Thursday.  Then a bus to Freshwater Bay on Friday morning to set up (site opens at 9 AM Friday then?).  Anybody know any great tricks to saving money down there?  Other than Tesco vouchers, whatever those are.  No Tesco's in these parts.

Not sure what I will do after the festival's over...backtrack out to Pompey same way?  And then perhaps go visit Stonehenge?  Or should I go up to Darbyshire for this other festival where Alan and the other X-Hawkwinders are playing the following weekend?  I will probably head back to London in any case for Gong w/ Hillage and Nik on Sept. 11.  Have to go book my ticket for that now.  Anything else going on in the UK between Sept. 1 and Sept. 20th??

Ciao....Keith H. (aka Miles Staendig, trail name)

P.S.  Wow...shocked and delighted to hear that Quimbys yet live and will play again for us at HF.  I think I was probably at their last gig, which was either Herzberg c. 2005 or else up in Sunderland around the same time.

P.P.S.  Any other DarXtar gigs?  Would love to see them finally, but won't be coming over for Solstice.  Still on the trail here.  :(