All Roads lead To Amber

Alex S. Garcia asg at MVDBASE.COM
Fri Nov 19 18:08:25 EST 2010

> http://www.aural-innovations.com/issues/issue41/psicorps.html
>
> I'm a big fan of the Amber novels. Can anyone comment on this music?

Interesting...

My first thought: wow! music inspired by the Amber books, I gotta get this...

Then I got to the part which states it's an all instrumental album. That
cooled me off.

Never been much into instrumental albums. Besides, I fail to see how you can
make a concept album all instrumental... I mean, a concept album is supposed
to tell a story, which seems a bit difficult using just music. It baffles me
quite a bit.

Still. It got at least one guy to read the books, so that's cool.

May still give it a listen.

And BTW, speaking of Amber, I myself wrote lyrics to a song inspired by the
Amber series. It's just the one song though -- albeit a lengthy one ;-) In
the progressive rock genre. It will be on Skeem's upcoming second album.

Alex.