BOC

Ian Jeffcock ianjeffcock at PACIFIC.NET.SG
Sat Oct 9 11:12:00 EDT 2010

On Club Ninja versions, straight from the BOC FAQ:

Notes:  There were three different releases of this album, each with a
slightly different mix.  A somewhat rushed mix was released in England
in November of 1985.  Another mix was released in Scandinavia in
December of 1995.  The US version, the third mix, was released in
January 1986.  Produced by Sandy Pearlman.  Instruments:  Eric Bloom
(vocals, guitar), Joe Bouchard (bass, vocals, guitar), Donald "Buck
Dharma" Roeser (vocals, guitars, keyboards), Jimmy Wilcox (background
vocals, percussion), Thommy Zvoncheck (synthesizers, piano, organ),
Tommy Price (drums), Phil Grande (additional guitars), Kenny Aaronson
(additional bass).  This is the first CD recorded by BOC (as opposed to
previous releases, where the CD was later cut from the LP masters).  The
spoken words at the start of "When the War Comes"("When the bones of our
oppressors... All hail the revolution") are done by New York DJ Howard
Stern (who's cousin is married to Eric Bloom).  At least one of the two
European releases of this album does not contain these spoken words.  In
addition, on the first (England) mix, "White Flags" does not end via
fade-out.  This album is currently no longer in print in the U.S.  EPIC
records released this album as a "Collector's Choice" edition in 1992 in
England, using the Scandinavian mix.

It took me a while to track down the "Collectors Choice" version of
the CD which I got on ebay some years ago.
Well worth having. The first release I had was the UK vinyl, so when
I eventually got the UK CD, the different
mix came as a bit of a surprise. Nice to have that "Collectors
Choice" CD which sounds more like the UK vinyl,
and doesn't have the spoken words intro to "When The War Comes", just
listening to it now...

Cheers,
Ian.