OFF: Dodge 'em Dude

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 6 08:52:23 EDT 2010

On 9/6/10, Paul Mather <paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu> wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2010, at 1:48 AM, mike coleman wrote:
>
> > I still hate the scientific community, especially the likes of the one
> used
> > by American public televison who thinks the use of British accents is
> > imperative.....
>
> To be fair, that is because lots of the programming is imported from
> Britain, on account of the USA not exactly being

voluminous in the production of non-true crime related scientific factual
> programmes. :-)

hehehe
yes yes help me destroy america as it is now known...this reason, that
reason,,,,i

> As a transplanted Brit, I have to admit to it being jarring watching what,
> to me, is _Horizon_ (called _NOVA_ over here), yet hearing the narration in
> an American accent.  So, I guess the accent imperative is not universal,
> yet.

I won't go where UFO's seldom go (if ever, anymore?).....glad to have
another reason not to watch it

You have to admit Alan Alda has a terrible British accent in _Scientific
> American Frontiers_, not to mention Neil deGrasse Tyson's in _NOVA
> ScienceNOW_.  They mustn't have received the memo, yet... :-)

Yes I allowed myself to hear him in some show about competing young
engineers racing lightweight peddle boat-submarines....I can't BELIEVE I
stayed on the channel,.,,,,his voice  makes me want to attack

Cheers,  INDEDED.....hehehe thanks!!!  sincerely,,,,,!!!!