Images - Twisted Lyrics

Steve Freight stevefreight at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 24 11:45:47 EDT 2010

 As I said in my post regarding receiving Space Bandits I was surprised to
see the real lyrics to Images.

I have been accused of twisting lyrics with a song to fit what I hear but
never the whole song before.

The brain is a funny old thing and must just fill in lyrics that make sense
to me.

Perhaps the booklet explains it when Bridget had to do the song line by line
and perhaps diction wasn’t the main thought in getting the song finished - I
just don’t know.

So before I lose all the lyrics I used to sing I thought I’d share them with
you.

Oh and I’m convinced I’ve heard Richard sing them too!

Images, by Hawkwind, as b******ised by Steve

Memories surround him

Walking to the door

Smells of dust and summer heat

While ordering his thoughts

*Clinging hands, the face of fate*

*Shifting scenes I can’t explain*

*The crazy fool, who sees this face*

*As he tries to cheat life’s final fate*.

Whispers from the balcony

Lingers in the hall

The well worn path of mortality

Appearing here once more

It’s cold now

It’s dark now

Twists the soul

Turns flesh to stone

The fear and the anger

Of the dusk, all alone

Endless dreams of wasted days

Slowly fade away

Laughter now oblitering

There’s now need to stay

--
View Steve's Photos of Hawkwind Porcupine Tree and Isle of Wight
http://www.flickr.com/photos/venthawktree