(Off) FB - was: Re: Krankschaft April Update

mary ann sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Fri Apr 1 12:24:06 EDT 2011

Agree, I hope you and your family are well.  It must be lots of fun watching
Luna grow.

Always, your friend,

Mare

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Carl Edlund Anderson
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 12:17 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: (Off) FB - was: Re: Krankschaft April Update

Everyone (well, almost) is trying to make money of their stuff.  Even
Hawkwind want to sell their records and concert tickets. :)

Since I have friends, family, and colleagues scattered over at least 3
(sometimes 4 or more) continents, FB is a very convenient way to keep up
with them.  After all, I don't have to look at their cat pictures if I don't
want to (nor they at mine! :).

But, yes: it's a good idea not to give away too much data to just about
anyone.  Neither FB nor anyone on it needs my phone number (and if they did,
they would already have it via other means), so there's no point in putting
it there.

But, really, this stuff has always been "common sense" -- it's just now
easier for people without common sense to mess up. ;)

Cheers,
Carl

On 01 Apr 2011, at 10:22 , Arjan Hulsebos wrote:

> Just as long as you treat FB and the likes as a sort-of online
> bar/pub, you're OK. And, yeah, they're just as much interested in you as
Google is.

> Gr,
>
> Arjan H

>   ... and that most dreaded rock concert spectacle - the drum solo

Carl Edlund Anderson
http://www.carlaz.com/