Krankschaft April Update

mike c insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 3 18:17:39 EDT 2011

On 4/3/11, Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at carlaz.com> wrote:
>> I think the vinyl thing is a strictly "kollektor" thing: part nostalgia
> perhaps, part exclusivity.  Plenty of hobbies have, after all, little
> practical value -- people do it because they do it.  Teens who have a
> particular passion for that kind of hobby will doubtless buy vinyl -- but
> there is little doubt that the average teen is not doing any such thing.
> The average teen is probably torrenting a handful for dodgy MP3s which they
> listen to for a few weeks before never listening to again because they've
> torrented another handful of dodgy MP3s.
>
> Cheers,
> Carl

"teen" maybe imagined word as remembered by my old fart friend Pierre
when recounting the clip on our local news about a shop in Denton that
we alll know, announcing vinyl was back in a big way.
Same story from my local shop, who is BOOMING on (basically) vinyl alone.
Nobody is saying vinyl can compete in any way with other means. simpy
that it is selling "Like Hotcakes"
I know it gets my bucks, and OPC too
I think there is just a lot of "practical music listeners" on here, to
whom kollekting may sem silly