Krankschaft April Update

mike c insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 3 18:51:26 EDT 2011

On 4/3/11, Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at carlaz.com> wrote:
> On 03 Apr 2011, at 17:17 , mike c wrote:
>> "teen" maybe imagined word as remembered by my old fart friend Pierre
>> when recounting the clip on our local news about a shop in Denton that
>> we alll know, announcing vinyl was back in a big way.
>> Same story from my local shop, who is BOOMING on (basically) vinyl alone.
>> Nobody is saying vinyl can compete in any way with other means. simpy
>> that it is selling "Like Hotcakes"
>> I know it gets my bucks, and OPC too
>> I think there is just a lot of "practical music listeners" on here, to
>> whom kollekting may sem silly
>

> I think this is precisely an example of "knowing and targeting the market".
> I am perfectly willing to believe that it is possible to run a successful
> shop that specializes in vinyl, new and used.  Is there a niche market for
> vinyl that can be exploited successfully?  Absolutely, yes.  But do vinyl
> records have a big mainstream future?  I would bet strongly on "absolutely
> not".  After all, are the majority of people consuming new music consuming
> it by purchasing vinyl?  Absolutely not.  And (a subtly different question),
> is the majority of revenue in the music industry generated by selling vinyl?
> Absolutely not.

You just made me realise. I must strictly, and I mean "STRICLY", NEVER
EVER EVER EVER buy anything new on anything but vinyl EVER AGAIN, or
unless it can be proven that my little caveman dagger-stabs actaully
found their mark :)!!!!

NOTHING SERSIOUS Carl, just trying to make the best of a post
HAARP/tectonic warfare "nuclear ravished", ME!!!
or whatever tumped it over.....conspiracy need not apply :)