krankshaft format solution found

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sun Apr 3 18:55:17 EDT 2011

In the scheme of things, no probably not a big deal ... ;)  I mean, I'm not stuck in the middle of a civil war, nor have tsunamis or earthquakes leveled my house, nor I am I (to my knowledge) being wickedly irradiated.  So if I can't get a vinyl record, then (especially considering I have no means of playing such a thing), I will probably survive ....

Still, all the other jazz aside, I do think the "brave new world" of online communication and distribution contain considerable opportunities for artists -- "opportunities", though, which are not at all the same thing as out-and-out "advantages"!  It is, after all, probably easier to make decent sounding music (regardless of how good that music may be" than ever before.  It is easier to find people who might like your music (regardless of what kind of music it is) in the farthest-flung corners of the world, communicate with those people, and make one's music accessible to them in some way.  And even if international travel, however easier now than it may have once been, is still not easy enough to play gigs around the world, it is at the very least easier than ever to let your local fans know when and where you'll be performing, and to help get them spread the word.

What may be _harder_ than ever before is catching and holding people's attention -- at least long enough to get them to part with their money for a ticket, a download, a CD, a T-shirt, or whatever it is that you might be vending directly or indirectly.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson