krankshaft format solution found

Jonathan Smith smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 6 00:59:36 EDT 2011

A new means of selling music/ movies does need to be worked out, China, the
world's biggest market, has only found a by default. Those who can afford
buy cheaply copied disks can (actually most people rent them for pennies) or
download them. The owner of Baidu has got very rich, but is currently under
pressure for scanning and uploading entire books-- Google only does a few
pages.

Most groups are finding that they now have to to perform live more to make
money. Perhaps that's good-- we get more live music.

Quality of bootlegged disks can be perfect but is usually not. It quite hard
buying authentic copies-- they are covered in stamps and proofs of
authenticity. CDs-BDs will go the way of floppy disks one day, but I hope
Steve jobs with his outrageous 60% profits based on sweatshops in the third
world will not be part of it. No body forces people to buy iPods but they
did essentially steal the idea from a small Asian company (whom they paid
100m in compensation--the Chinese are not the only people good at copying),
but had the cash (and the style) to sell the idea (and the style).

BTW, if you have a HMDI lead attached to you computer you don't need to burn
video disks. Many amps have DACs (needed to play music directly from your
PC, the quality isn't quite the same as high end decks but it will but
there.) As far as I know MKV (Matroska) are the most advanced (and open
source) video files but most players lack the codecs to play them.