krankshaft format solution found

Jonathan Smith smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 6 09:48:15 EDT 2011

I am glad to hear you say that! It exactly the closed system (= max profits)
which turns me off. Open system is the way to go. I only bought a Mac when
they went Intel and used USB ports, allowing non-proprietary peripherals.
The iPad is a farce but Mac know their marketing. Do you know anyone who
actually uses their iPad? Ebooks are an inevitability but the iPad is
neither chalk nor cheese.

The same goes for iPods. Its just a portable music player with mediocre
sound quality and poor headphones. The iPhone has almost taken over the
'smart' phone market but at least, despite Google's mistakes, Android is
open system.

The conditions in which Apple products are produced are also appalling.
People in Foxconn's mega factory in Shenzen, which produced iPhones, had to
commit suicide to get a living wage (that reminds me of a Calvert song).