krankshaft format solution found

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Apr 6 11:19:10 EDT 2011

On Apr 6, 2011, at 7:25 AM, Steve Pond wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 19:11:00 +0800, you sent through the ether:
>
>> i will not buy an iPod or an
>> iPhone..
>

> Me neither, the closed Apple eco-system sickens me, and when I meet
> people who tell me they use "an apple mac" instead of saying "a
> computer" need punching.

Funnily enough, I think that people who react violently to the mention of the name Apple need punching. :-)

It's only a name and it's only a bit of hardware!  Why do people get so hung up one way or the other?

Personally, I use the phrase "Apple Mac" as a coded message for "I don't use Windows so go ask someone else for help."  (Of course, with BootCamp and VirtualBox, they've kind of ruined that excuse for me.) :-)

Cheers,

Paul.

obFullDisclosure: I own an iPod Touch, but I didn't buy it.  Will I need to read the Krankschaft EULA carefully to determine whether I am allowed to listen to their downloads on it? ;-)

obMoreFullDisclosure: I am running FreeBSD 9-CURRENT on an Apple Xserve G5.  Please don't shop me to Steve Jobs. :-)