Mac Mini/XBMC - was krankshaft format solution found

SUBSCRIBE BOC-L Jamun jason_gregory at TALK21.COM
Wed Apr 6 12:39:58 EDT 2011

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 17:25:19 +0100, John Rennie <hawkfan at RATSAUCE.CO.UK> wrote:

>I run Windows XP on my Mac Mini courtesy of Bootcamp.
>
>In fact I use XBMC on it as mentioned by Jamun.
>
>In fact I'm on the XBMC development team :-)
>
>JR

Interesting. Its a small world. I have been using xBMC since day one,
originally on a modded xbox. I thought the Mac Mini couldnt do 1080p mkv or
at least without a broadcom crystal HD card. But even if it could, whats the
point, unless you have a mac mini going spare? The linux XBMC I am using
runs like bespoke hardware on the ION board. Eg turn on the PC and XBMC
boots, Turn it off and it shuts down. No mice, no keyboard, no visible OS
etc etc. Its very wife friendly. Also the mini itx ION board uses much less
power than a mac mini. Mine is about 20 watts. IMO you dont need the dvd
slot drive on a HTPC. Thats silly as every thing should be streamed from a
server.