Mac Mini/XBMC - was krankshaft format solution found

John Rennie hawkfan at RATSAUCE.CO.UK
Thu Apr 7 02:07:51 EDT 2011

>PCs are cheap anyway

Yes, but the design of the Mac is just gorgeous :-) No HTPC comes
close. I need Windows because I run various other Windows apps on it,
and for me Bootcamp works very well.

>I am curious about the XMBC

XBMC is a Media Centre not a Media Player. It's intended to be a
central system for organising and playing all your media, and it's
designed to work on systems with no keyboard and mouse using just a
remote control. I have my Mac Mini on a shelf under my TV with the
sound connected to my HiFi system and the video plugged straight
into the TV with a DVI-HDMI cable.

Give XBMC a try, it's free :-)

JR