Mac Mini/XBMC - was krankshaft format solution found

Jonathan Smith smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 7 02:59:55 EDT 2011

All interesting information! Yes, I only have a PC because there is certain
software which doesn't run on a Mac, although Windows 7 is surprisingly good
(Vista wasn't great-- I'm using it now at work), although it still crashes a
lot. Windows needs a faster processor for less results (a dual-core Windows
PC is unbearable) The Mac *is* a much better machine than a PC-- it has to
be admitted-- but I still hate the propriety approach.

I do have a Mac Mini connected to one of my TVs. It works well as a media
centre, although It doesn't seem to like 1080p much. Connected to a DAC its
sounds pretty good, but my BD-DVD-DVD-A player still sounds better. You
might think it would sound the same but it doesn't. Its fine for downloaded
movies, but BDs are not that expensive, especially in some paces.
I'll try XMBC, but:

 "....now that we’ve been showered with gifts from our new friends at Sony,
we understand that it is not sustainable in the long-term; *DRM is the way
of the future*.” Uh oh!