Mac Mini/XBMC - was krankshaft format solution found

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Apr 7 08:57:26 EDT 2011

On Apr 7, 2011, at 2:59 AM, Jonathan Smith wrote:

> I'll try XMBC, but:
>
> "....now that we’ve been showered with gifts from our new friends at Sony,
> we understand that it is not sustainable in the long-term; *DRM is the way
> of the future*.” Uh oh!

As a question to John Rennie: how does XBMC fare as a PVR?  I currently have a DirecTV subscription and a DVR was bundled with the service.  It'd be nice, say, to have a DVR system that was a bit smarter about recording a series and skipping episodes I'd already seen.  (The DirecTV DVR appears limited in this regard.)  Is it better or worse than others such as MythTV or VDR, say?  (Best to reply off-list, I guess, since this is off-topic.)

Cheers,

Paul.