Using an iPad - was krankshaft format solution found

John Rennie hawkfan at RATSAUCE.CO.UK
Fri Apr 8 06:06:29 EDT 2011

I have an Android tablet that is effectively the same as an iPad
(see http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/index.html)
and I use it all the time.

Like you I was a bit sceptical about tablets, but as it turns out I
love it! I use it mainly for reading books. It displays PDFs well and
I use the Android version of Kindle to read my ebooks. In fact I used
to have a Kindle but I sold it because the tablet is much nicer to
use. The battery life is about 10 hours, so it's a lot less than a
Kindle, but I only have to charge it two or three times a week.

I also use it to surf the web from my armchair. I often find that
when I'm watching TV, or maybe when I'm reading a book, I come across
something I want more info on. I can grab the tablet and jump onto
Google in about ten seconds, which is far more convenient than having
to turn the laptop on and wait for it to start.

There are a few other minor things I use it for e.g. playing
solitaire and using the XBMC remote control app. These may seem minor
but they all add to the experience. I resisted buying an iPad because
£429 seemed a lot (though the iPad 1 is now only £329!). My Archos
was only £250 and this seemed reasonable. Having said that, the iPad
has a better screen and is faster, and you may feel it's worth the
extra (I don't!).

JR