Using an iPad - was krankshaft format solution found

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Sat Apr 9 12:02:30 EDT 2011

On Apr 9, 2011, at 8:33 AM, Jamun wrote:

> The iPad is a toy. You cant share files across a network, or print
> from it
> (without a special printer). The screen is too low resolution for
> viewing A4
> pdfs. The only way to get files into and out of is using the crappy
> iTunes
> interface. Plus there are no interfaces such as USB or even an sd card
> reader for transferring files.

I wouldn't agree with the word "toy" but the iPad does definitely fall
into a niche and is more limited than a general purpose laptop.
That's why when, recently at work, when I was given the option of
ordering a laptop or an iPad for myself it was a no-brainer: I went
for the laptop.

> The iPad appeals to people like me (geeks), Starbucks posers, Media
> types,
> who think that the current middle east conflict is a twitter
> revolution
> trigger originated from iPads and iPhones (LOL) and pseudo computer
> academics,  who have never sold a line of code in there life.

Funny, but nobody I know who owns an iPad falls into any of those
categories.  I must move in too ordinary circles. :-)

> I didnt bother with iPad 2 being bored now with iPad 1, and bought a
> 3DS
> instead. The 3DS is good fun and fills a hole until a new toy comes
> out.

Ennui is a terrible thing to bear. ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.