Using an iPad - was krankshaft format solution found

John Rennie hawkfan at RATSAUCE.CO.UK
Sun Apr 10 09:26:34 EDT 2011

The 7" tablets are too small really. You need a 10" screen like the
iPad or the Archos 101 for reading PDFs to be a pleasant experience.
Be warned that the experience of several friends suggests that wives
love iPads and will quick monopolise it. Most of my friends have had
to buy a second iPad for their own use. Friends with a teenage
daughter have had to buy a third!

Re XBMC: WMV is a closed format developed by Microsoft, and the open
source community has had to reverse engineer it. If you want to use
an open source media player WMV is best avoided. Conversely, if you
have to play WMVs the best option is to use Windows Media Player.

>BTW, how can an iPad help with XMBC?

You can run XBMC on an iPad (not on the iPad 2 yet) if you jailbreak
it. However most of us would just use the XBMC remote control applet
to control an HTPC running XBMC. The XBMC remote control applet is
available for both iPad and Android. XBMC itself has not been ported
to Android yet.

JR