KRANKSCHAFT on Facebook?

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Apr 13 22:59:12 EDT 2011

Facebook has failed gain a sensible way of doing music-orriented stuff.  MySpace was once upon a time good at that -- it actually managed to capture a bit of the vibe of the original MP3.com -- but kind of "jumped the shark" at some point.  Until FB manages to figure the music thing out, lots of littler music-oriented entities like Reverbnation and SoundAwesome are going to swarm around its flanks, trying to figure out how to leverage FB with apps to drive traffic their way.  If FB _did_ figure out how to deal with music and artists, these other sites would be killed stone dead.  Equally, it takes just one sufficiently fatal mis-step and Facebook collapses and the USD 60 billion valuation vaporizes in hours. Nothing lasts forever. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson