Live Legends Laser Disc extra track?

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 15 12:20:43 EDT 2011

FoFP asked...

> Did someone recently mention that it
> was thought this has an extra track?

Probably.  I used to have the old Japanese VHS issue (NTSC) of this, and then when I got the DVD, realized that Wind of Change, which runs about 3 minutes through the final credits, was left off the DVD.  In my recent efforts to digitize my entire music collection to 192kbps/AAC, starting with all my analogue music, and then my VHS's and DVD's (decrypting to audio only), I realized also that I had sold off my VHS copy thinking I had that entire thing.  So, lacking Wind of Change, I went online and found somewhere (probably YouTube) that had it there, so I 'recorded' it via Audacity (audio quality lacking to some extent, but better than nothing), and added that exported AAC track to the DVD-sourced audio files I had already made.

> Just started a new job and a contact there this morning
> mentioned he has kit which can play a laser disc and
> transfer it to DVD. Worth a shot?

Sure...and if, after finishing, you post it up on YouTube (with superior audio), I'll redo my audio-AAC recording and thank you kindly.  :)  IIRC, Simon House plays on it, so it sounds a lot more 'complete' than the Palace Springs tour versions.

Hey, I also just 'recorded' the audio of Hawkwind doing WGWTW live on German TV with Ginger Baker and Keith Hale(?), immediately before they were sacked.  Again, audio is not primo quality, but I'd never heard this before or knew of it, so I was happy to snag it.  Somebody posted this to YouTube as well.  Apparently, they also did Motorway City for this show (Feb. 1981), and was wondering if anyone had that as well.

I also recorded, not too long ago, a pretty cool version of Hassan I Sahba live, obviously Quark-era tour (77 or 78 prolly), with Bob Calvert natch, that someone uploaded to Grooveshark with no source info.

Keith H.