Off::What do do, where to go

SUBSCRIBE BOC-L Jamun jason_gregory at TALK21.COM
Tue Apr 19 15:49:12 EDT 2011

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:37:41 -0400, Rus Hall <buzzardo7777 at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Next month I will be attending a trade show in Munich and as I have never
been to Germany, let alone Europe in general, I was wondering what are the
things that I should/shouldn't do with my "copious" spare time (I doubt I
will have much if any down time, but you never know).

>Also, are there any vegan-friendly restaurants, people have tried?

Guess what? I live in Munich, in the city centre. Hence the mun in Jamun. I
know the place like the back of my hand and have lived here over ten years.
Obviously it depends on how long you are in Munich for? Where is your
hotel/trade show? The weather is getting very nice now. It was 24 degrees
today,  about 75F. In a month or so it could be 30 degrees or 80F. Then
again it could rain:( There is alot of things to do and see in the city. In
the evenings I would recommend various beer gardens (weather dependent)

The most famous and must see is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Englischer_Garten

Then you must check out the
http://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/

The you must see the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6nigsplatz,_Munich

http://www.muenchen.de/Rathaus/tourist_office/sehenswuerdigkeiten/Schloesser/129350/Residenz.html

And the town hall, just head to marienplatz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Town_Hall_%28Munich%29

So much to see.

If you have a Sunday to spare.
Then these things are mind benders. If you have never been to Europe your
going to be impressed. You can get coach trips.

http://www.muenchen.de/Rathaus/tourist_office/sehenswuerdigkeiten/Muenchner_Umland/129338/Schloss_Neuschwanstein.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zugspitze

http://www.wikivoyage.org/de/Chiemsee

Well I have traveled alot, and decided to live & work in Munich, because its
one of the most wonderful cities in the whole world.

If you are up for it, dependent on times dates etc, you could hire a
biycycle and I will show you the city center in an afternoon.

BTW, Germany is a pretty meat eating country. But there is one of the
greatest vegan restaurants here.

http://www.prinzmyshkin.com/en