OFF: Krankschaft April Update

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Apr 22 15:41:01 EDT 2011

Selling anything in sufficient numbers requires serious marketing clout, and very label-less bands will have that.  I think, to a great extent, things remain the same: you need to play good shows and have good demos to attract support from the people with the kind of clout who can take you to the next level.  However, the next level is not necessarily any more about moving recordings, since that is increasingly difficult to do.  I'm thinking (perhaps hoping) it's about selling tix to live performances ... but we'll see if it doesn't turn out to be vending Pepsi instead.

On the vinyl front, it will be interesting to see if the resurgence in vinyl outlasts that 50-something generation ....

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson