[Hawkwind] Hawkwind Sheffield - Manchester et al

Mick Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Mon Dec 12 17:07:23 EST 2011

I may be mistaken, but I thought I could hear the words from "Horn of Destiny" from CotBS being narrated at Manchester during one of the spoken tracks.....

Mick

--- On Sun, 11/12/11, strobridge jill <jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK> wrote:

From: strobridge jill <jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK>
Subject: Re: [Hawkwind] Hawkwind Sheffield - Manchester et al
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Date: Sunday, 11 December, 2011, 0:18

Full set list found on the forum - courtesy of Kerbcrawler:

Sonic Attack/You'd Better Believe It/Seasons/Footsteps/Hills Have
Ears/Warriors/Angels Of Death/Prometheus/Magnu/Tide Of The Century/Hassan I
Sahba/Sentinel/Space 2001/Silver Machine/Psychedelic Warlords/Spirit Of The
Age.

No difference in London except that there was a rendition of "Landing on
Medusa" before Psychadelic Warlords and Huw joined them onstage for the
encore.   Incidentally his LLG band is a very efficient unit. Their sound
is a bit too sharply harsh on the ears for me but from behind the bar at
the back of the venue - actually the best place to be for the whole show -
they sounded good.   Can't tell you which tracks they played except
that Moonglum was one of them and Huw is playing beautifully.   Of the new
tracks Seasons - the one concerning Wars and Revolutions - seems to have
developed even during the course of this short tour (or maybe  I'm just
hearing it better each time) and is the one track I've come away humming -
just need some lyrics now!   Shepherd's Bush venue was incredibly
overcrowded and though it was another really good show it was difficult to
concentrate while trying to dodge being squeezed - and sorry I've no idea
who did which vocals cos I never managed to get enough of a view or close
enough to see what was going on!   I'm sure I heard a violin in Sheffield
but there was an announcement in Manchester about someone having to go to
Brighton to finish off an album so I think he took no further part in this
tour but I'm happy to be proved wrong.
And now there's only YouTube to watch.
Thank you to the band for another excellent pre-Festive season
adventure.    I'll try Manchester again - one day!

Jill