[Hawkwind] Hawkwind Sheffield - Manchester et al

Mike Holmes fofp at STAFFMAIL.ED.AC.UK
Wed Dec 14 05:47:45 EST 2011

On 12/12/2011 16:01, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> On 09 Dec 2011, at 20:49 , strobridge jill wrote:
>> Assassins - with a long, long indy disco drum set<a bit too long for my
>> liking but others enjoyed it - and done by some electronic drum kit thingy
>> rather than by Richard>  in the middle section
>
> Yeah, they've been doing that electronica/techno breakdown thing in the middle of Assassins for yonks now --
> at least since around the time that "Space Is Their (Palestine)" popped up on IITBOTFTBD, since I recall it
> being the electronica/techno breakdown thing in the middle of Assassins back in the mid/late 90s, at least.
> I wonder if it's _still_ theoretically "Space Is Their (Palestine)" or whether it's just random electronica/techno breakdown?
> Not that "Space Is Their (Palestine)" was ever really very far from just random electronica/techno breakdown anyway ....
> I never really liked it, but my own ideas on how to approach "Hassan-i Sabbah" are readily available online! :)

I'd say it was generally SITP. The best I ever heard it done was
Brighton 2002(?) when Tim and Richard really jammed it.

The alternative I think, would be to the verses from Sword of The East
as an intro during Assassins. I'd like to hear that tried.

FoFP

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.