Music as a drug

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 2 07:07:55 EST 2011

On 2/2/11, Owen O'Neill <owen.01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK my friend tells me Motorizer is good, "nothing mind-blowing" but
> good, Lemmy talking s*** about the world, how the world's lost its
> heart and the sea is full of ugly fish. Will be hearing it now
> someday.

When Lemmy talks abiout bands that change I know excactly what he
means and I must say I agree 100 percent in my own case. But if I were
to guess, he likely means "straying too far from the ideal at
hand".....But I am so gulty of this, from my point of view Motorhead
'changed' after "On Parole", and many times thereafter, thougjh all
changes were acceptable in not derailing the great beast. After 25
years (wish I could boast more), for me it's all about the "staying
power" when doing my semi odr bi-annual "motorhead marathons", and I
think I'd be fine with numbers and letters only to identify the
indiviual albums  Further trying to cover my tracks, I simply noticed
"1916" got bled of "make my day" LAST TIME and discarded more quickly
but the revisit hadn't been long and I had recently played it. March
or Die could have maybe used a better "Helmet Selection" in the photo,
and while I am out-of-date with the Motorhead comps, i really wish my
"best of" with the Motorcycle engine on the cover wasn't 1 of 2 stolen
from my massive arsenal, that one sounds REALLY cool, and I had to
trade for it with 'one of our own", when the earth was younger and a
little less wounded by humanity upon it. I haver a theory- "largescale
success in the USA means it won't be long before your band will SUCK"