OFF: recent Motorhead albums (was: Music as a drug)

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 3 11:50:37 EST 2011

On 2/3/11, Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at carlaz.com> wrote:
> On 02 Feb 2011, at 19:07 , Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
>> I waver about _1916_, there's a bit too much dead water towards the end
>> and the production feels scritchy to me. _Bastards_ and _Sacrifice_
>> however, yes, for sure!
>

> OK, _1916_ does tail off a bit, but I would say that the production remains
> the worst thing about what is, song-wise, a fairly strong album.  But, yeah:
> I think I could have mixed it better!  Possibly _Bastards_ and _Sacrifice_
> sound better because, well, they sound better! :)
>
> Cheers,
> Carl

Not pretending Carl has ever been "talking" to me, but meant to
clarify I noticed no production troubles, and have been contemplating
what production really means, maybe that could be part of it......I
just didn't love the songs.....war is never anything that even
remotely interests me except the war I make daily every time I am out
in public with the general public. Los Angeles is my birth place and
when I returned in 89 to see HW, I was HORRIFIED I came from there. I
am not a chick magnet or a fruit machine lover, so that kills that for
me, and while I would certainly love to get drunk on a flight if I
ever do again, especially if there is a smoking-section, only active
UFO activity would likely make Brazil much of a target destination for
me, and I tend to see Lemmy saluting the Ramones becuase it's WAY
SAFE. Prepared to dodge rocks over this and I am at least sure I could
tolerate Ramones I've not heard more readily than LPD. I am aware my
last post was a bit tasteless, I hope I won't need to apologize for
that (ladies) forgive me. I also forgot to mention that "Inferno"
could redeem it's cost of admission on the strength of "Killers"
alone, IMHO, too......
I think I'm done....sorry