OFF: recent Motorhead albums (was: Music as a drug)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Feb 3 22:53:10 EST 2011

On 03 Feb 2011, at 11:50 , mike coleman wrote:
> Not pretending Carl has ever been "talking" to me

I'm "writing" ... :)

> I just didn't love the songs.....war is never anything that even
> remotely interests me [...]

That will, then, make a certain percentage of Lemmy's lyrics less accessible ....

> only active
> UFO activity would likely make Brazil much of a target destination for
> me, and I tend to see Lemmy saluting the Ramones becuase it's WAY
> SAFE.

I'm not quite sure where the "Going to Brazil" concept came from -- did MH play "Rock in Rio" back then, sometime?  But it's a great Chuck Berry song, if you see what I mean, and thus eminently suited to Lemmy & Co.  Meanwhile, I think that Lemmy was just mates from way back with Joey and Dee Dee.  Just last year he played in some Ramones tribute gig organized by Marky.

The Ramones are all right. OK, I think I only have their "It's Alive" live album and the compilation "Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits" ... but, ya know: solid.  The stylistic link to MH is not that hard to find.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson