OFF: recent Motorhead albums (was: Music as a drug)

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 3 23:12:40 EST 2011

On 2/3/11, Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at carlaz.com> wrote:
> On 03 Feb 2011, at 11:50 , mike coleman wrote:
>> Not pretending Carl has ever been "talking" to me

> I'm "writing" ... :)

(RESPONSE:): Just as good if not better!!!  (In my defense I have
slept quite a bit since earlier!!!, and I'm going off after this!!!)
(I think!!)

>> I just didn't love the songs.....war is never anything that even
>> remotely interests me [...]

> That will, then, make a certain percentage of Lemmy's lyrics less accessible

(RESPONSE): Yes very true, but I suppose I find other meanings in my
vast imagination....When that album came out, I suppose I was one of
the ones "shocked" by the "ballad" or whatever it is, but it has
ripened and I like it.....I never meant to "go off" like I did, I just
did, and now my point is only 1, and I do not pretend ANYONE give a
(edit), but it's just "no voices" and _especially_ "love me forever"
that make me start cringing musically, nothing to do with the
lyric....the rest is dandy....just realised this today....

>> only active
>> UFO activity would likely make Brazil much of a target destination for
>> me, and I tend to see Lemmy saluting the Ramones becuase it's WAY
>> SAFE.
>

> I'm not quite sure where the "Going to Brazil" concept came from -- did MH
> play "Rock in Rio" back then, sometime?  But it's a great Chuck Berry song,
> if you see what I mean, and thus eminently suited to Lemmy & Co.  Meanwhile,
> I think that Lemmy was just mates from way back with Joey and Dee Dee.  Just
> last year he played in some Ramones tribute gig organized by Marky.

(RESPONSE): They did, I am sure, go there for one of those things, and
I am also sure I have a bootleg with Lemmy referring to "the other
America".....
I know the Ramones are legendary, and I certainly like them as people
(what's left of them), and my experience with their music is not much
so my comment was unfair.....

> The Ramones are all right. OK, I think I only have their "It's Alive" live
> album and the compilation "Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits" ... but,
> ya know: solid.  The stylistic link to MH is not that hard to find

(RESPONSE): Carl if you just _happen_ to have the Space Ritual poster
that came in the japanese original LP version or the British version
known as "Edmonton"  (poster only, sold seperate) could you please
have a CLOSE look and tell me what is in Dave's pocket(s)???  I don't
expect you too but I had to ask!!!!