Two Contrasting Motorhead Reviews from Kansas City

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 18 12:54:57 EST 2011

On 2/18/11, gary shindler <bewlay68 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://backtorockville.typepad.com/back_to_rockville/2011/02/review-motorhead.html#tp
>
> http://blogs.pitch.com/wayward/2011/02/concert_review_motorhead_at_th.php#

On a quick read, not sure what the contrast is, but I am certainly one
part idiot, nevermind that-
I have seen Motorhead quite a few times (though sadly not in years
now, and last time we arrived just exactly TOO "fashionably late" at
the mega-staduium iron Maiden Dio thingie, but it was fun wheeling my
friend in a wheelchair for special seating when it was a hoax,
especilly when the usher saw him get up)
Anywhee, I have always had a small complaint that I thought Motorhead
wasn't quite as loud as they could be or even should be, but as I type
it occurs to me that if I go see any of 'the gods", and especially
this one, I am likely drinking to extreme and ready to be made the
real life version of the cover of Frank Marino's "Power Of
RnR"......However, one of my old friends, who saw Motorhead a little
before I ever did, possibly a No Remorse tour, knows what I meant and
said they were indeed louder then. Maybe the fact Lemmy names his
amp(s) things like "Murder 1", further "psyches me out" and increases
expectations.....but I'm old now, so next show should be fine, not
that all ever were not!!!