(OFF) Re: Music is a drug?

mary ann sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Wed Jan 12 05:59:53 EST 2011

The work men in my neighborhood are getting a real good dose of Hawkwind and
Porcupine tree.  I've been here for years and was asked to turn the music
down, sure it was loud, however they were making at least as much noise
putting in new windows, which I pointed out to them.  Of course I turned it
down, but did get them to admit to me having a nice sound system.

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Reuben Kincaid
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:29 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: (OFF) Re: Music is a drug?

On 1/12/11, pam Wheaton <pamwheaton at cableone.net> wrote:
> Mine too. Especially when I go on a Legendary Pink Dots jag!!!
> Pam

That's certainly about the best argument FOR that I could dream of next to
letting Hawkwind into your head on a more personal basis.....
When I put those guys in and I didn't know what I'd done, I "knew fear" in a
new way : )  I've got guts but not that much guts!!!
I've since cleansed the home of the offending CDR altogether !!!
(and Pam I am totally prepared to admit that my "dots days" may well lay
ahead and Bill Stewart may yet show me what I missed!!!) I think when I play
music it's not so much that I want to hear any, it's more what I want others
to hear and the wonderful vibrating floor and furniture and shaking
walls.....seems such a waste not to affect the surrounding
environment....epecially in the small hours when people are more likely to
notice