Off: Lemmy

big mike bigwibble6 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sun Jan 16 13:03:54 EST 2011

I saw this last night and it is brilliant. I have put the following review on
IMDB. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1236472/usercomments-3

I managed to see this at the local cinema last night, the Riverview special late
night showing, and it was a joy. It was a wonderful film and to watch it with a
like minded audience enriched the experience.

The film is well shot, well edited and has great access to a wide range of
people from Lemmy's past, and people who have been inspired by him. All the
interviews seemed to give the same image of the man, which is one of the main
points about him; he lives the life he wants, accepting the consequences and
living an authentic life. The film is surprisingly funny and moving, and
although he lives a life very different to most people I think it is quite life
affirming. The film has a fantastic cast, well interviewed, some good shots of
his music (but not so much that it would alienate people who are not into heavy
rock'n'roll) some careful editing to give coherence, judicious use of slow-mo
and worthwhile clips after the titles. I was smiling for most of this movie,
which I did not expect.

This movie deserves the accolades heaped on it. It is an excellently made movie
about a very interesting subject. I would love to see the team do another movie,
or biographical movie, as their style here made what could have been a humdrum
run through of one unusual lifestyle a wonderfully entertaining, informative and
interesting film.