Music as a drug

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 29 06:50:52 EST 2011

Henderson wrote:
>>> BTW, Wikipedia tells me that Zener cards were Circle, Square,
>>> Wave, Cross/Plus, and Star.  Five, not four.  So why "triangle" in
>>> the song?

It's all about "the biz" in this instance:, I imagine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle_wave
(leaving my own drug-induced experiences OUT),
 and I can't actually think of how to bring in Delta-Waves,  the Greek
alphabet or anything else I'm not qualified for to begin with.

Maybe going for one of these with it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psi_hit
totally cool!!!!

>> Calvert wrote the lyrics based upon a faulty recollection of what
>> the Zener cards are?
>> Or, maybe more likely, the line sings better with "triangle" rather
>> than either "cross" or "star," or even trying to jam all five into
>> the line.

The anwser is simple: "Calvert wasn't playing with a full deck", and
further, why should he??  of course every bit of it could be show
business which is still JUST as good if not better.

> Or maybe .... maybe he was _tested_ by _researchers_ with faulty
> Zener cards!!! :)
>
> Ahem, cough.

It's a good thing he gave us the "scifi" deck to prove it wasn't too
autobiographical. Early cards were faulty and could be seen through,
and that wouldn't look good for the "subject"

> Anyway, it's not like QS&C provides a highly accurate bio of Einstein
> either.  On the other hand, it is a catchy song. :)

very true

re: Motorhead- I think what I really meant is I can hear Lemmy aging
in the vocal sound, which is fine. I didnlt mean I really need more MH
albums that scare me,  although they have been awfully USEFUL lately.
Re: Carl's 'weak ones' opinions, yeah Iron Fist is odd, and I
certainly find my ears bleeding on America.  However, in the past, to
me, "March Or Die". "1916", and "Bastards" ALL would have gone into
the "not as good as I'd like" pot, and while they all still have a
pothole or 2, for me, it is actually "1916" that I find mysellf mostly
only wanting to hear "make my day". But opinions are really rather
useless , this is BOC-L so I'm sharing!!