Music as a drug with triangle cards

Owen O'Neill owen.01 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 30 17:48:07 EST 2011

I used to hear "circle square triangle wave" and think it was about
square waves and triangle waves-- except "circle" wouldn't fit in
unless it's about the circular polarization of electromagnetic waves,
and that's kind of overextending it. Then I think I was talking with
Mary about that and she told me it was about cards. From studying
electronics I'd frequently encountered the terms square wave or
triangle wave I guess. Now I'm satisfied that it's about a set of
cards, and if graphical simplicity were maintained like you'd expect
from the three basic shapes to a wave, the best guess is that it's
just a picture of a wavy line or one single period of a sine or cosine
waveform, which looks sort of like the letter S tilted 90 degrees.

--