Brock Calvert Dual Disc

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Mon Jul 25 15:53:02 EDT 2011

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> On 21 Jul 2011, at 10:05 , Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
>> So nice to hear Adrian Shaw playing at full pelt. The Frond is great and all but doesn't really give him the chance to break loose.
> I have often had the sensation that Adrian Shaw is probably better (at least as a bass player, if perhaps not as a vocalist) than most people realize -- or, given his usual relatively subdued supporting role, than his most familiar and accessible recorded output reveals.

 	I think anyone who hasn't had this thought simply hasn't tried
listening to the bass parts on QS&C. I grant you it took me long enough,
what with everything else going on there, including some classic House
moments, but seriously, the man is never still. Yours,
 							Jon

--
"It's ridiculous, because everybody's coloured or you wouldn't be able
 	   to see them." (Captain Beefheart on racism, 1974)
    Jon Jarrett, Oxford, UK      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk