OFF: orgones (was: TEST)

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Sat Jun 18 11:23:39 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011, Sybaelle wrote:
> Okay and shortly after this, I was at an alternative news site reading about
> chemtrails and came upon this thread about orgones:
> http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread711513/pg1
> Which led me to a whole bunch of videos on youtube
> about....yep....accumulators.
> http://youtu.be/sPV-JExUPns
> Of course a great many of said videos were actually different videos of our
> favorite Hawkwind song about these accumulators.
> And then I ultimately stumbled upon another cool site.
> http://www.orgonelab.org/
> Until today I had only read about orgone accumulators beyond the Hawkwind
> lyrics in Jack Kerouac's "On the Road." Today may have been a bit of overkill
> but I still thought it was kind of cool. Hope it's of interest to others too.
> :)

 	You're certainly not the only person who's currently interested; I
read just the other day that there's a new biography of Wilhelm Reich out,
albeit with a fairly misleading title:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303657404576361683162870042.html

 	But as far as musical references, especially in video form, goes,
Kate Bush still wins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllRW9wETzw&feature=player_embedded
Completely implausibly steampunk cloudbuster but somehow I don't mind...
Yours,
 	Jon

ObCD: On Trial - _Head Entrance_
--
"It's ridiculous, because everybody's coloured or you wouldn't be able
 	   to see them." (Captain Beefheart on racism, 1974)
    Jon Jarrett, Oxford, UK      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk