(OFF) Re: WOTEOT master tapes (was Re: Jamun & Spacerocktrading intro)

mike c insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 10 18:24:48 EST 2011

On 3/10/11, Johan Edlundh <joe.e at telia.com> wrote:
> At 21:53 2011-03-10, you wrote:
>>And which brings me back to thinking about a database of all the
>>matrix numbers and dead-wax comments.
>
> Now we're talking geekery.
> Add label variations, foreign pressings and sleeve differences - How
> do I contribute?
>
> :0)

You already have, and at such time that Lucidsound takes on such a
thing, all could be called upon since it goes SO DEEP, and is SO VAST
one need not venture outside the UK to find a mental implosion. Anyone
could have another piece.
A recent example- I was going through my "current"" stack of Church
LP's to discover that a couple of them have the RCA Logo and Cat
number printed in off-white or light orange matching the band title,
on the spine,  as compared to RED or bright pink on the majority. ALL
of these are non-textured sun. Also, original jap LPs seem to have
just the word "stereo" in red on the spine of the promos, but white on
the stocks?? huh?? (on some anyway, in my case Warrior and SR, haven't
looked elsewhere)
I'm no longer doing this on purpose, I'm too poor..... Incidentally
Keith, a sealed copy of that Leviitation on Castle with the title in
white on the cover instead of blue, that you pointed out was cut by
Porky, came up cheap, and I snatched. The 2 copies I previously owed
had some very unpleasant and hard to explain bangs sounding off. I'll
probably keep this one as eye-candy.
Oh yeah, I think the rounded-inner warrior will be "hairless" but this
is more risky, and the rounded corner thing can traverse into the 1st
UK single sleeve edition,,,,,,I donlt have either of those
again......the "hairless" version also sports a unique label indention
not present on the hairline copy with square inner....