(HW) BOTE (my review)

mike c insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 15 19:51:46 EDT 2011

On 3/15/11, SUBSCRIBE BOC-L Jamun <jason_gregory at talk21.com> wrote:
> BOTE cannot be taken out of context. It is a Hawkwind album and as such, has
> to be compared with other Hawkwind albums. If we do such a comparison we can
> see that compared with the Golden age of Hawkwind albums: "Hawkwind",
> "Doremi Fasol Latido", "Hall of the Mountain Grill",  "Space Ritual", "X In
> Search Of Space", "Warrior on the Edge of Time", "Astounding Sounds, Amazing
> Music", "Quark, Strangeness and Charm" BOTE doesnt hold up. Then compared
> with the Silver age: "25 Years On", "PXR5", "Levitation", "Sonic Attack",
> "Church of Hawkwind", "Choose Your Masques", "The Chronicle of the Black
> Sword" it also doesnt hold up. In the bronze age its beaten by "Electric
> Tepee". Infact I would go as far as to say its only better than "Distant
> Horizons".

Interesting comparisons-  My own input is that:  "it is like the
insert card that came in some or all of the first batch of Starfield:
"Return To Earth"  CDs. ....what age was Keith's era??
The Yule Ritual tried to give me whiplash when I played it last time
I have a different opinion about "Distant Horizons" myself but I am OK
to keep this to myself.
My own answer to the BIG question is
"Yes, it's really always been Dave's band at the root, nevermind we
might all like life to be less severe and more harmonious"
I would say, representing myself as a voice for other fans on a
whim,..."ohhh, we donlt go THERE anymore...not much anyway".....we
don't want our litle sumpin' sumpin' special
messed with (but as you know I'd be cool with Nik having one last shot
as a guest on flute and whatever)
and with that I go back to my nicotine withdrawl that isnlt so bad with patch