HW) new version of Green Finned Demon for download

Jonathan Smith smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 18 23:49:54 EDT 2011

>        I have done, in fact, but I also know a bit about this lot because
> of a presentation a colleague who'd been studying them as part of a politics
> dissertation gave a while back.....
>        I am all for saving the cetaceans, don't get me wrong. But Sea
> Shepherd are even more confrontational than Greenpeace in the eighties (and
> arguably better at it). They are not, by themselves, going to stop whaling,
> their aim is to keep it sufficiently high-profile that governments act. It's
> government action, and enforcement of current rules, that's needed, and
> supporting Sea Shepherd seems to me a bit like paying someone to go and
> break things so that everyone agrees we need more police; it may well work,
> maybe it's even necessary but if it is then there are much bigger things
> wrong. That's my issue with it; if they need to exist, shouldn't we do
> something about *that*? But of coure maybe `we' can't, whereas we can
> support this lot... and I go back and forth, which is why I was asking if
> the music made a difference. Thanks for the feedback on that too! Yours,
>                             Jon
>
> You have done your homework! There's always a good reason to debate why we
need charities or NGOs. It *should* be our governments which are taking
action, but 99.9% of politicians are self-serving-- ours is
more interested in selling arms (cluster bombs are no problem for them!)
than saving any life, human or otherwise... There are arguably bigger and
more pressing problems.

Well, it is a new version of a HW song anyway.

  Jonathan