OFF: Espada Negra, "Aztec Calendar" (Mick Farren & The Deviants cover)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Dec 21 07:46:40 EST 2012

Some freshly shameless self-promotion, just in time to coincide with the apocalypse .... :)

A new cover of "Aztec Calendar" (originally performed by Mick Farren & The Deviants) by Espada Negra (that is to say myself and Andy Gilham, ex of this list) is now available for streaming and/or download from the following sites:

http://espadanegra.bandcamp.com/album/aztec-calendar
https://soundcloud.com/espada-negra/aztec-calendar
https://espada-negra.soundawesome.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8NZOulWcd0

Many here will recall that Mick co-wrote a few songs with Lemmy back in the day: "Lost Johnny", "Keep Us on the Road", "Damage Case" .... The attentive will hear that we have tried to kind of extend the spirit of this collaboration into our cover of "Aztec Calendar". :) When we sent it to him, Mick Farren replied: “Blinding! I love it.” And there’s nothing we can think of that would usefully add to that. :)

All Espada Negra songs are released on a strictly non-commercial basis, but we hope everyone will support Mick’s various endeavours and visit his blog at http://doc40.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Carl

--