my copy of Imaginos

mdc insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 15 04:09:44 EDT 2012

On 7/15/12, Jeff Thompson <jt_ at cox.net> wrote:
> I remember that my roommates and I had the the alternate song order from the
> liner notes memorized.  We would program the tracks of the cd in that order.
>  Every.  Single.  Time.
>
> Much easier to do with playlists .. Or by burning a cd-r with the songs in
> the correct order.
>
> Seven, seven, seven, seven
>
> Sent from my iBrain

hey, it seems apporpriate (to respond) that I have just concluded
_some more_ digging around for info on this CD. I am bored at 3 am and
I am a collector. Finding that for cheap when I wasn't planning on
shopping was rather fun.
here are my results so far-
and it has been interesting arriving at them.
2008 version (of course) NOT remastered, but it appeared that the
person in charge of issuing it was claiming to have done some cheap
process to it, or at least SOME kind of change?
However, previous customers of Amercian Beat were indeed cautioning
that there would likely be no change or anything good enough.
next, it LOOKED like it is supposed to have a shortened verssion of
one of the tracks (astronomy?), I can't remember, included but NOT
listed. Does it??
That's all I was able to get. But the reissues I have spotted seem to
be trying to attract more money still than the 1st issue.
There is also at least a japanese version and by the header of that
listing it would sound like there are a couple of those.
I wonder how far and wide the remaster will go and if it will herald a
great dump-off of the origianals. It was with great pleasure that I
got to grab it as a rarity find at the very "last minute".
I like that Texas is mentioned in there, regardless of how it figures
in, and mexico as well.
I can't read the liner notes without my glasses and I haven't got that
far yet, but I did notice the booklet pages have a nice texture.
cheers
ps- I liked "beautiful as a foot", watched that vid.
Wondering how 'Godzilla" might be temporarily renamed 'Fukushima", and
my mind wanted to imagine "Godzilla" as "a tornado" which leads me to
think "godzilla on the tracks" and I know none of this has anything to
do with Imginos :) :)