Silver Machine - William Shatner

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Jun 6 12:52:40 EDT 2012

On 06 Jun 2012, at 11:27 , Patrick Charles wrote:
> Rutger Hauer doing the Siege & Investiture...

Woah! :)

For, like, 15 years I've been musing over a song inspired by Hauer's "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate" from the "Tears in Rain" solioquy at the end of Blade Runner.  I think Jon Jarrett and I were kicking the idea around at some point; I more or less remember the riffs around which something was going to be built.  I was going to steal some ideas from Lemmy's "The Watcher" and "Make 'Em Blind" (e.g. "We come in blazing rockets/We bring you greed and slavery/No alien utopia/Will long survive our bravery").  Anyway, I always wanted to know how those attack ships ended up on fire off the shoulder of Orion, and it seemed like whatever that story was would be worth a song.. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson