HW: OFF: Tubilah Dog

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Tue Mar 20 14:27:28 EDT 2012

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012, mike coleman wrote:
> hey keith
> must've been the halibut GOD!!!!! ( thinks of Eli)
>
> where's Jon??
> where's Steve?
> how's Carl
> everyone
>
> they created a secret forum didn't they :)

 	I'm here, just back in the timewarp because of university term
having swallowed me up black-hole like. Back on the other side again now
though. Significant Hawk- or Friends-related things that I have recently
learned are:

(1) The new Bevis Frond album is really good, even if missing the huge
fifteen-minute fuzz-and-delay extravaganza I wish he still did;

(2) I missed a Frond gig last winter in London because he now advertises
this stuff only via Facebook and Yahoo Groups; actually maybe *that's* why
I haven't been on list much, because one upon a time someone would have
mentioned it *here* yannow...

(3) Not to be tarred with the same brush, I will therefore tell you that
Mick Farren & The Deviants, featuring Russell Hunter on drums and Duncan
Sanderson on bass and Andy Colquhon on guitar, plus who knows what else,
are playing London at the Borderline *this here Friday the 23rd* and there
were still tickets as of UK lunchtime today because that's when I bought
mine, see www.rhythmgigs.com for more info and your own purchase
possibilities.

(4) I am actually a bit excited by the possibility of more new Hawkwind so
soon after the last lot. Can't be completely jaded yet after all!

(5) I am still slowly acquiring the Atomhenge remasters and am pretty
happy with _Space Bandits_, which is not something I would ever have
anticipated myself sayin ten years ago.

(6) I know of nothing to report that's even faintly BÖOC-related, does
anyone else?

(7) This actually isn't Hawk-related at all except in as much as they
played Strange Daze the same year but Red Giant just managed to release a
third album and it is *really good*, a happy blend of the delay-soaked
complications of the first one and the heads-down riffery of the second,
it is called _Dysfunctional Majesty_ and I humbly commend it to those here
assembled who like their heavy swaggering proggy fuzz-rock.

 	Howzat? Yours,
 			Jon

ObCassette: Galliano - _The Plot Thickens_
--
   Jonathan Jarrett       "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
Medievalist historian    but stands also delivered by some good author."