HW: OFF: Tubilah Dog

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Mar 20 19:56:01 EDT 2012

On 20 Mar 2012, at 13:27 , Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> (1) The new Bevis Frond album is really good, even if missing the huge fifteen-minute fuzz-and-delay extravaganza I wish he still did;

Ah, for "House of Mountains" and the "Miskatonic Variations" ....

> (2) I missed a Frond gig last winter in London because he now advertises this stuff only via Facebook and Yahoo Groups; actually maybe *that's* why I haven't been on list much, because one upon a time someone would have mentioned it *here* yannow...

There's a Frond Facebook group?  I should have guessed, really ....  Have to check it out.

> (5) I am still slowly acquiring the Atomhenge remasters and am pretty happy with _Space Bandits_, which is not something I would ever have anticipated myself sayin ten years ago.

I still can't describe myself as "pretty happy" with _Space Bandits_, though will allow it has a few good tracks (though Alan did a better version of "Wings" with Bedouin).

> (6) I know of nothing to report that's even faintly BÖOC-related, does anyone else?

Nope.

> (7) This actually isn't Hawk-related at all except in as much as they played Strange Daze the same year but Red Giant just managed to release a third album and it is *really good*, a happy blend of the delay-soaked complications of the first one and the heads-down riffery of the second, it is called _Dysfunctional Majesty_ and I humbly commend it to those here assembled who like their heavy swaggering proggy fuzz-rock.

Cool ....

Cheers,
Carl

--