Sputnik Stan

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sat Mar 31 06:34:24 EDT 2012

On 30 Mar 2012, at 16:43 , Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012, Mike Holmes wrote:
>> Or perhaps Sputnik Heidi:
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/02/16/swiss_junk_grabber_satellite/
>
> Man, so more raw materials burnt up just so as to burn up raw materials. Can't they get a scrap and recycling wing built onto the ISS? We'll probably need that metal and so forth after a while... Y

Well, a fiery death plunge into the earth's atmosphere does return the metal to us, after a fashion. :)

Hmm, I can't help but think there's the nub of a song in concepts like "fiery death plunge" and "return the metal to us"!  Though it might be in danger of going all Manowar-like .... :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson