My Review: Avengers Assemble

Mike Holmes fofp at STAFFMAIL.ED.AC.UK
Wed May 2 05:00:28 EDT 2012

On 01/05/2012 23:26, Horse wrote:
> All-in-all, a bloody good movie and I'm gonna see it for the third time
> (with my kids this time :) ) at the weekend.

Yup, I'm pretty sure kids will love it. There's nothing more sexual than
a kiss, and nothing more scary than they'd see on Doctor Who.

> I wonder how Marvel are doing with the Dr Strange movie - hope they've
> still got plans to produce it in the near future.

I was surprised when I heard they were gonna try that one. It'll be
pretty hard to pull off. One thing I think would help is scenes harking
back to The Ancient One as in David Carradine's old Kung Fu TV series.

All the psychedelia though is going to make it much harder to get the
audience to engage with a human story. I'm certainly prepared to be
impressed though.

FoFP

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.